Solar Eclipse Prime Page
Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30
The Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 is visible from the following geographic regions:
- Partial Eclipse: Brazil, Africa, Mid East
- Total Eclipse: Angola, Congo, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia
The map to the right depicts the geographic regions of eclipse visibility. Click on the map to enlarge it. For an explanation of the features appearing in the map, see Key to Solar Eclipse Maps.
The instant of greatest eclipse takes place on 2041 Apr 30 at 11:52:21 TD (11:51:01 UT1). This is 3.8 days after the Moon reaches perigee. During the eclipse, the Sun is in the constellation Aries. The synodic month in which the eclipse takes place has a Brown Lunation Number of 1464.
The eclipse belongs to Saros 129 and is number 53 of 80 eclipses in the series. All eclipses in this series occur at the Moons ascending node. The Moon moves southward with respect to the node with each succeeding eclipse in the series and gamma decreases.
The total solar eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 is followed two weeks later by a partial lunar eclipse on 2041 May 16.
These eclipses all take place during a single eclipse season.
The eclipse predictions are given in both Terrestrial Dynamical Time (TD) and Universal Time (UT1). The parameter ΔT is used to convert between these two times (i.e., UT1 = TD - ΔT). ΔT has a value of 79.9 seconds for this eclipse.
The following links provide maps and data for the eclipse.
- Orthographic Map: Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 - detailed map of eclipse visibility
- Animated Map: Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 - animated map of the Moon's shadows across Earth
- Google Map: Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 - interactive map of the eclipse path
- Path Table: Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 - coordinates of the central line and path limits
- Circumstances Table: Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 - eclipse times for hundreds of cities
- Saros 129 Table - data for all eclipses in the Saros series
The tables below contain detailed predictions and additional information on the Total Solar Eclipse of 2041 Apr 30 .