Solar Eclipse Prime Page
Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09
The Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 is visible from the following geographic regions:
- Partial Eclipse: south South America, south Africa
- Annular Eclipse: south Atlantic
The map to the right depicts the geographic regions of eclipse visibility. Click on the map to enlarge it. For an explanation of the features appearing in the map, see Key to Solar Eclipse Maps.
The instant of greatest eclipse takes place on 2032 May 09 at 13:26:42 TD (13:25:27 UT1). This is 5.7 days after the Moon reaches perigee. During the eclipse, the Sun is in the constellation Aries. The synodic month in which the eclipse takes place has a Brown Lunation Number of 1353.
The eclipse belongs to Saros 148 and is number 22 of 75 eclipses in the series. All eclipses in this series occur at the Moons descending node. The Moon moves northward with respect to the node with each succeeding eclipse in the series and gamma increases.
The annular solar eclipse of 2032 May 09 is preceded two weeks earlier by a total lunar eclipse on 2032 Apr 25.
These eclipses all take place during a single eclipse season.
The eclipse predictions are given in both Terrestrial Dynamical Time (TD) and Universal Time (UT1). The parameter ΔT is used to convert between these two times (i.e., UT1 = TD - ΔT). ΔT has a value of 75.0 seconds for this eclipse.
The following links provide maps and data for the eclipse.
- Orthographic Map: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 - detailed map of eclipse visibility
- Animated Map: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 - animated map of the Moon's shadows across Earth
- Google Map: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 - interactive map of the eclipse path
- Path Table: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 - coordinates of the central line and path limits
- Circumstances Table: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 - eclipse times for hundreds of cities
- Saros 148 Table - data for all eclipses in the Saros series
The tables below contain detailed predictions and additional information on the Annular Solar Eclipse of 2032 May 09 .