Solar Eclipse Prime Page
Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05
The Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 is visible from the following geographic regions:
- Partial Eclipse: Australia, Papua New Guinea, west U.S.
- Annular Eclipse: Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, California, Oregon, Idaho
The map to the right depicts the geographic regions of eclipse visibility. Click on the map to enlarge it. For an explanation of the features appearing in the map, see Key to Solar Eclipse Maps.
The instant of greatest eclipse takes place on 2046 Feb 05 at 23:06:26 TD (23:05:04 UT1). This is 2.3 days before the Moon reaches apogee. During the eclipse, the Sun is in the constellation Capricornus. The synodic month in which the eclipse takes place has a Brown Lunation Number of 1523.
The eclipse belongs to Saros 141 and is number 25 of 70 eclipses in the series. All eclipses in this series occur at the Moons ascending node. The Moon moves southward with respect to the node with each succeeding eclipse in the series and gamma decreases.
The annular solar eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 is preceded two weeks earlier by a partial lunar eclipse on 2046 Jan 22.
These eclipses all take place during a single eclipse season.
The eclipse predictions are given in both Terrestrial Dynamical Time (TD) and Universal Time (UT1). The parameter ΔT is used to convert between these two times (i.e., UT1 = TD - ΔT). ΔT has a value of 82.7 seconds for this eclipse.
The following links provide maps and data for the eclipse.
- Orthographic Map: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 - detailed map of eclipse visibility
- Animated Map: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 - animated map of the Moon's shadows across Earth
- Google Map: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 - interactive map of the eclipse path
- Path Table: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 - coordinates of the central line and path limits
- Circumstances Table: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 - eclipse times for hundreds of cities
- Saros 141 Table - data for all eclipses in the Saros series
The tables below contain detailed predictions and additional information on the Annular Solar Eclipse of 2046 Feb 05 .